Monday, November 7, 2011

Allergy

Unfortunately, Keniann has a dairy and soy allergy just like Wyatt had.  I was hoping Wyatt was just a one time baby with this, but atleast I have already been through this before.  It hasn't been too difficult for me changing my diet (since it's second time around).  The only thing different is that she is way more sensitive than what Wyatt was.  For instance, I have been off of dairy and soy for a couple of weeks when all of a sudden Keniann had a terrible day of extreme fussiness and blood in her diaper.  At first I was thinking she might be allergic to wheat (since I was off diary/soy for weeks) or something else, but then I realized I bought a pack of gum and the few pieces I chewed had soy in them.  I couldn't believe just that little amount of soy caused her to have blood!  I have to be extremely careful in what I eat.  The major downside is not being able to go out to eat.  The only places that are safe are the salad bar at Jason's Deli (I bring my own dressing) and Whole Foods where they tell you exactly what allergens are in their foods. 
I hope and pray that she gets over her allergy like Wyatt did.  He was completely better when he was around 9 months old.  But until then I will continue to cook my own food without dairy and soy.  And don't worry, Daniel and Wyatt get their own meals fixed with all the dairy and soy they desire (:

No comments:

Post a Comment