Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Birthday dinner and bloody cuts

Last night four of my good friends (nursing school friends) drove in to Baton Rouge from New Orleans to meet me for dinner in celebration of three December birthdays.  My friend Hali's was on Dec. 3rd, yours truely Dec. 4th and my other friend Jennifer will be on Dec. 29th (Wyatt's birthday too!).  We went to Las Palmas and had a wonderful visit/dinner!  The three of us had to wear these festive pink birthday crowns we wore in the restaurant.  It was so good to catch up with them!  Daniel was so sweet to watch Wyatt.  He actually remembered to give him his bottle before bedtime this time (the first time he watched him he forgot to give him his bottle!).
On another note, Wyatt has had so many cuts in the past couple of weeks.  The first was when he was in his walker and bumped into me he got really frustrated and fussy, which wasn't anything out of the ordinary when this happens.  I looked down and noticed blood smeared around his mouth and chin.  I have to say I got a little panicky for a second.  But after looking in his mouth I noticed he bit down on his little tongue with his four teeth!  Poor bebe! 
The second time happened yesterday morning when we went to a Christmas party at my friends house from church and Wyatt body slammed himself face forward on the hardwood floor.  Wyatt recovered after a minute and continued to play.  A couple of minutes later I noticed he had a few dark red spots on his shirt.  I thought for a second and realized that it was blood and took out his pacifier and there was blood stains on his whole chin/mouth area!  His pacifier cut in his gums between his top two teeth when his face hit the floor.
And then this morning I noticed blood streaks all in the kitchen and he had managed to nick his tiny finger on the vent! 
                                         These are some pictures from this morning, poor bebe!

Boys will boys!  I know that this is only the beginning of countless bruises, cuts and scraps.  I wonder if Sam's Club carries bandaids in bulk?!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you started a blog! I am putting a link to yours on mine so I can keep up with you :)

    Cute pictures!!! Poor bebe with all the bloody cuts lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Aaron - SG had that happen the other day. She cried for about 30 seconds then pulled herself up and kept on going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had such a great time at dinner! I'm so thankful that we are all able to still get together. Love u lyns!!

    ReplyDelete