Thursday, April 21, 2011

19 weeks today and a lesson on God's Grace

My baby belly!

I am officially 19 weeks today!  This pregnancy is really flying by compared to being pregnant the first time around.  Maybe it's because I'm so busy running around chasing Wyatt everyday (btw he has started running instead of walking lately!).
This pregnancy is different emotionally for me.  I have struggled with lots of worry with this pregnancy, whether I miscarry/have a stillborn or if there is wrong with the baby.  You would think I would be over this and I would know that everything will be fine since I have had a healthy pregnancy already, but for some reason it's worse than the last.  It also didn't help when I woke up in the middle of the night a couple of weeks ago to a really bad headache and some spotting.  It turned out that everything was fine, but I have worried even more since that happened.
I can't help to think of other situations we greatly worry about that can cause emotional distress in our lives.  To name a few:  possibly losing a job, a family member going to war, when a loved one is sick, the list goes on and on.  I have realized that God is using this in my life to draw closer to Him, to trust him that if something does happen He will give me the Grace to walk through it.  This kind of worry is not something that we are supposed to carry. If we do it is literally like putting a heavy weight strapped to your leg when trying to walk.  It drags you down.  God is here to carry our burdens and to lift the weight off of us.  It is trusing God in his control will we find his Grace and Peace. 

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment