Saturday, April 2, 2011

Farmer's Market, BBQ and good friends

We decided to check out the farmer's market today in Zachary for the first time.  I wasn't all that impressed.  I thought there would be way more vegetables, but Daniel did remind me that it's not quite time yet.  I should know since we just planted our garden.  However, I was excited that there were strawberries and that was a must on my list of things to buy.  I bought half a flat for eight dollars, which wasn't too bad.  There was a dairy farm selling milk and I couldn't pass up a taste test that they were handing out of their milk.  Wow!  I didn't realize how good non-processed milk tasted!  It is absolutely wonderful!  And it was only five dollars, which is cheaper than Borden or Kleinpeiter milk that I usually buy.  Plus I like that is it better than the processed stuff (:  Another neat thing is that the farmer has a little store area in front of his farm that 's near the road where it's open 24/7 to get milk or butter.  He uses the honor system for payment.  That's always a good thing to know if it's 2 am and you need more milk, haha!
Then this afternoon we had a Sunday School appreciation BBQ for all Sunday School teachers.  I'm not sure if I would call myself a Sunday School teacher because my job every Sunday morning during Sunday School is with the babies in the nursery.  I try to read them Bible stories and sing songs, but all Wyatt and his friends play the whole time.  The BBQ was a relaxing time to visit and catch up with people from church.  There was a spacewalk for the kids and plenty of toys to keep all the kids busy.  Wyatt enjoyed his friend Eden, maybe a little too much.  When they were both playing in the play pen he tried to make a move on her and kiss her! He better be careful since she is the preacher's daughter!  I was able to catch a picture of the act.  Wyatt actually turned his face away before he kissed her (good job Wyatt). 





Louisiana strawberries.  Enough said (:





















Wyatt and Eden




Wyatt trying to make a move on Eden!  I think this picture is hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment