Thursday, February 10, 2011

Matthew 16:24,25

Just thought I would share one of my favorite verses...

"Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.  For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it." Matt 16:24,25

If we try to save our physical life from death, pain or discomfort, we may risk losing our true eternal life.  If we protect ourselves from pain, we begin to die spiritually and emotionally.  Our lives turn inward, and we lose our intended purpose.  When we give our lives in service to Christ we discover the real purpose of living.  This is a constant reminder for me everyday sometimes almost every hour, min, sec.

Thank you Lord that your death has brought us a new life in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment