Sunday, January 2, 2011

Wyatt's Birthday Party

I'm happy to report that Wyatt's first birthday party was a success!  We had it on New Year's Day at Grammy and Pawpaw's house (my parents) in the early afternoon.  Almost everyone came and there was plenty of food.  Wyatt cried a couple of times when we were opening presents, only because he had been up since his morning nap.  I tried to keep him up until 12:00 or so to take one nap instead of two, but he insisted on napping at 9 and I couldn't say no.  So he stayed up from 10 until 6:30 when we left to go home!  He was partied out.
I made Wyatt a cupcake, instead of buying him a small cake.  I felt like it would be a waste of cake to give him one of his own.  I was surprised that Wyatt loved his cupcake so much he ate the whole thing!  I turned my back for only a couple of  minutes to help serve cake and ice cream and as soon as I turned around to see Wyatt I noticed that his cupcake was gone!  I thought he must have dropped it on the floor or fell on his legs.  Jennifer (my sister-n-law) then informed me that she witnessed him eating the whole thing.  I was really glad I didn't get a small cake (bigger than a cupcake) because he probably would've gotten a stomach ache!

                                    Here is the cutie anxiously waiting for his guests to arrive!


                                       Cousin Emily and Sadie (she is amazing with the kids!)

                                      Cousin Abby being a big help opening Wyatt's presents
                          This is not a good moment for Wyatt!  But it didn't take him long to perk up.






                                                    Singing "Happy Birthday"


                                                Chowing down on some cupcake

                                                                Uncle Zack

Here is a picture of Wyatt licking his tray of what was left of his cupcake!  I think I may have a sweet eater on my hands

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Wyatt has really grown! He is a cutie. I can't believe it has been so long since we've seen you all.

    Happy Birthday, Wyatt!

    ReplyDelete