Monday, January 17, 2011

Great Weekend!


On Friday, Wyatt and I went to my mom's house and got to hang out with her and my two nieces (Abby and Emily).  Every time the kids are together it is really neat to see how different they are in some ways (mainly the gender difference) and how similar they are in other ways as well.  Abby is always interested in what is going on with Wyatt and makes sure to ask tons of questions about him.  She is quite the three year old with her many strategic manipulations!  She will come up with some funny things!  She doesn't even have to try to be cute because she just is.   Emily loves to be right there playing with Wyatt.  Any kind of noise he makes she will make it too and she loves patting his head.  Since it was cold that day, mom brought the pedal car in so they could play with it inside.  My mom found the car at a garage sale and it has been a favorite of the kids!  It's sometimes hard for them to take turns, especially for Wyatt.

                              Abby, Emily and Wyatt having fun at Grammy's house



Saturday I picked up Wyatt's new car seat.  There was a good sale at Babies R Us this weekend.  I used a five dollar coupon I received for Wyatt's birthday!  I ended up buying the Graco three in one carseat because this one was the most recommended (I got plenty of reviews before shopping from a lot of my friends who are moms).  Wyatt still has to face backwards in his carseat until he is 22 pounds (he is currently 18 pounds) and my doctor doesn't recommend toddlers switch forward until about 18 months anyways, regardless of how much they weigh. 
Sunday we went to church and it was my turn (with three other moms) for nursery duty during the church service.  Daniel even stayed and helped because we had so many guests come today.  It got a little crazy at times, but we seemed to manage!  After church we went to Nana and Grandpa's (Wyatt's great-great-grandparents) and enjoyed visiting there the whole afternoon.  Wyatt had a so much fun there and even showed them his many tricks.  Here are some pics-


                                                 Nana and Wyatt laughing!



                                          Wyatt and his cool great-great-grandpa

No comments:

Post a Comment