Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wyatt vs. the vacuum cleaner and standing on his own!

Sorry it's been some time since my last post!  Wyatt is finally feeling better after coming down with a cold that would never leave.  It took him about a week to get better, which is the longest time he has had a cold.  I had a stomach bug earlier this week, which was very difficult to take care of myself as well as Wyatt to take care of.  Yesterday was an eventful day for Wyatt.  That morning I was vacuuming around the house and Wyatt was playing on the floor close by.  He absolutly loves anything with wheels (typical boy, isn't he?).  I only use the extension part because we have wood floors and the stand up part to the vacuum trails behind.  I took my eyes off of him for a second and didn't realize he already made his way to the vacuum and started pushing it.  He managed to roll right and vacuum over his hand (the stand up part is on when the extension part is on too) and brush burned his little hand!  I know that had to hurt really bad!  I called the doctor to get a scip to get some bactrim, which is an antibiotic ointment, so it doesn't become infected.  I was surprised that Wyatt wasn't afraid of the vacuum after he got hurt.  He actually went up to it again to try to push it!



Here is a picture of the damage



Also later on that day, Wyatt stood on his own for about five seconds without holding on to anything!  He was standing up and holding on to me and just felt comfortable to let go.  I was glad his dismount was on his bottom and not forward on his face (:  Here a some pictures of him tonight in his pj's feeling a little better with his hand, just so you know that he is ok  (:









No comments:

Post a Comment