Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What's for dinner tonight?

Tonight I am making (I can't remember the name) a really easy chicken dish that is super easy, healthy and cheap.  I thought I would post the recipe and share since it is so good and it is a quick meal to fix!  Hopefully Wyatt will like it because I load it with lots of vegetables.  Here is the recipe

Need:  4 chicken breasts, s/p, Extra virgin olive oil, rosemary, onion, garlic, hone, Dijon mustard, lemon juice

Directions

-Brown the chicken in pan, s/p both sides and add about 2 tbsp of the olive oil

-Take out the chicken and place on plate

-Add chopped onion and garlic to pan, let cook for a little

-Add 2 tbsp of rosemary, 1/2 cup of honey, 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard, and dash of lemon juice

-Put chicken back in pan and let cook

- the recipe doesn't call for this, but I tried it and it works very well.  I add a bag of frozen broccoli stir fry or any kind of stir fry bag of vegetables and I mix that in with the chicken and let that cook together

-I like to put the chicken and vegetables over brown rice and now it's a complete meal (:  Enjoy!  Oh I also like to serve this with soy sauce.  It pretty much tastes like Chinese take out when you add some of this!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious! I am going to try it tonight actually. :)

    ReplyDelete