Sunday, January 30, 2011

Zoo

On Saturday we went to meet up with two of my best friends (my nursing girls) to go to the New Orleans Zoo.  I didn't have the opportunity to see all of my best buddies (there are 7 of us), but unfortunately some had to work or had other engagements.  For the past couple of years it has been difficult for everyone to be together at the same time.  We are all in different seasons of life (married, single, etc.).  I'm so glad that they are not too far away from me, even though it is almost a two hour drive to New Orleans.  It is always so refreshing for me whenever I get to visit them!  I feel much better when I get my girl time (:  Since our graduation from Nursing School in 2007, all of us have made it a priority to keep in touch as much as possible and because of that we are very blessed with a strong friendship.
Wyatt has been to the Baton Rouge Zoo and seemed to enjoy it even though he was around ten months old.  The New Orleans Zoo is by far much bigger and better than the Baton Rouge Zoo so I was hoping that Wyatt would have a really great time.  They also have way more animals and it is cleaner too.  Wyatt's favorite animal was the lion because he actually roared for the crowd!  It was awesome! The giraffe's were pretty cool too.  My friend Jennifer got to feed them some leaves, which brought all four of them really close to us at the fence.

Mommy and Wyatt



When Wyatt would spot the animals in their cages he would point to them and then look at me and whisper "bah."  Lately he has been whispering his words when he talks.  I guess it's better than shouting and making a scene.  I think it's pretty cute!



Aunt Jen and Aunt Sheri with Wyatt




Giraffes



Wyatt wanting to eat Aunt Jen's nose










White Tigers



No comments:

Post a Comment